cultural difference

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
miumiaou

Re: cultural difference

Post by miumiaou »

I just found this: http://satwcomic.com/ I think it's fun to read it ^^
Miao

Post by Miao »

Hard-working Frenchmen? That's so the opposite of what you'll hear about French in Germany ;) But Germans certainly wouldn't say they are rude, rather charming and flirty. Even though being a German myself (but used to East-Asian manners), I'd say Germans are terribly rude (as in directly saying one's opinion without considering the feelings of the listener)

Currently I'm living in China (already 2008 I already studied here for a year) and either I'm highly adaptable, or the cultural differences really aren't that staggering. As with other large countries (as with the US, for example), there are huge differences between regions.
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

...There's a lot of people from my region that don't feel French at all but Breton (it's the case of my boyfriend for example). Actually I find that dumb, it's been hundred years that my region isn't a country anymore.
But There's still some difference between my traditional culture and the one of the others regions (because my region was include later in France) and the first one is that I'm in a matriarchal society so maybe since here mens are not raised to be "on the top of womens" (I couldn't find a better expression to express what I think but it's not still quite what I want to say) maybe they're less likely to be rude so I don't know if the stereotype is true in other regions.

I too think Germans are really direct but the ones I met weren't all rude (actually, the unique one that i've found rude was a girl that was badmouthing about me and my family on my back and after she was saying that French doesn't like Germans U_U )

no wonder why China have huge difference between regions: there's a lot of different culture