Has anyone played Claire?

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
matt

Has anyone played Claire?

Post by matt »

Something showed up in my twitter feed about the horror game Claire, and it turns out it was released a few days ago.

It looks a lot like Lone Survivor (perhaps too much like Lone Survivor), so I'm not sure if it's worth checking out or not. Incidentally, is anyone else getting tired of retro/pixel art games? I feel like there are so many things you can do with game art, but most indies stick to pixels... :-/ I'm not saying it can't be done well (Capy Games is amazing!), but I just would like to see more games with their own unique styles. (Ska Studios has a really interesting art style that has yet to be duplicated)

I might buy it to try it out, but I'm trying to pressure myself into beating Fatal Frame III before I move on to another game. Has anyone played Fatal Frame III? It is super looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg and you keep playing the same section of the game over and over and over. I loved 1 and 2 though, and I've sunk like 8 hours into 3, so I want to finish it, but I am not very enthusiastic...
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
RightClickSaveAs

Re: Has anyone played Claire?

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

I hadn't heard anything about this, it looks like it could be good. The Steam reviews are mostly positive so far, and say that it's heavily inspired by Silent Hill, but I still don't know how much stock to put in Steam reviews.

Retro graphics are starting to wear a little thin for me too, it seems like an easy thing to hide behind to cut some corners. I especially don't care for all the platformers that come out that are really difficult and look blocky and old, then excuse it by saying "games used to be really hard and you could count the pixels, so that's why ours is!" Yeah well I'm not 8 anymore spending hours on the same level of Super Mario Bros. 3 :) I don't have much nostalgia for old blocky 8-bit games in general anyway, so I'm probably not the target demographic.
matt

Re: Has anyone played Claire?

Post by matt »

Steam reviews are weird. You wonder how many people are really biased for a product in the initial round of reviews. Everyone on the development team can write a review on Steam. hahaha I think I wrote a review for Retro/Grade, but I included that I was the developer in it. I think Telltale had a scandal where the development team wrote positive reviews for their flawed Jurassic Park game on Metacritic without saying they worked at Telltale.

Actually, I have several Steam accounts for testing, so maybe for Neverending Nightmares, I'll write a bunch of amazing reviews on the game, and then use my other Steam accounts to up vote them. hahahahahah

(No, I'm not serious, but I'm just saying that Steam reviews are easy to game)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games