Steam Summer Sales: What have you bought?

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
RightClickSaveAs

Re: Steam Summer Sales: What have you bought?

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

I picked up Anna yesterday and I really wouldn't recommend it unless you like inventory heavy puzzles. This is the journal entry you get after you solve one of the puzzles I had to look up because it involved a weird chain of inventory items: "It worked. I don't know how, but it worked." That sums up most of the puzzles for me so far.

There are a couple freaky things that happen in the game that I've seen so far and the atmosphere is pretty spooky but I'm just not going to be able to get through the puzzles, and I don't like having to look them up, so I don't think I'm going to finish this. Well, unless you count the ending where you just turn around and leave the house, because that's an option that gives you one of the multiple endings :)
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

Shame to hear about Anna. I looked at it but decided not to get it in the end due to the poor reception. Looks like I made the right choice hahaha :)

Are there per chance any other under the radar horror games on sale on Steam at the moment? Or any under the radar game really. Just figured I'd ask on here before the sale ends tomorrow!

Also Matt, something related to the summer sale. Retro/Grade got a mention in TotalBiscuit's Steam Sale Box video, at number 10, which I thought was neat :D (Link: http://t.co/T4fgKXos6u) thought I'd let you know in case you didn't see!
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
loverofbooks

Post by loverofbooks »

I bought the wolf among us, among the sleep, and bioshock infinite. I love bioshock infinite and wold among us, but i'm waiting till i'm in a safe place to play among the sleep...aka my boyfriend's bedroom. I was also thinking about buying skyrim but i don't know if i can just buy that game and still understand what is going on, cause i know it is a series type game.
One of these days your going to have to choose between what is easy and what is right. ~Unknown
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

loverofbooks wrote:I was also thinking about buying skyrim but i don't know if i can just buy that game and still understand what is going on, cause i know it is a series type game.
I caved in and bought Skyrim a few days ago. I really didn't need another big game to get into, but it was so cheap I couldn't resist.

You don't have to know the older games to follow this one, it's set in the Elder Scrolls world but you can choose to ignore or follow as much of the story as you want. I think all the characters are new, it's set in a different part of the world from their previous games.

JPrice wrote: Are there per chance any other under the radar horror games on sale on Steam at the moment? Or any under the radar game really. Just figured I'd ask on here before the sale ends tomorrow!
I didn't see a lot of interesting horror games discounted too much, outside of Amnesia and Outlast which I'd imagine most people around here already own :) Lucius is $4.99, but I'm still going to skip it based on the reviews.

Here are a few small adventure games I'd recommend:
-The Dream Machine Chapters 1 and 2 ($1.24) - A point and click game handmade with paper and clay. It's a really unique and cool look.
-The Blackwell Series - first three in order of release Legacy, Unbound, Convergence ($1.24 each) - Really good indie adventure games with a great story.
-Papo & Yo ($3.74) - A beautiful platformer with a touching story, I haven't finished it yet though.
-Papers, Please ($4.99) - You play as a passport inspector in a fictional communist country. Very minimalist looking but bleak.
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

RightClickSaveAs wrote: -The Dream Machine Chapters 1 and 2 ($1.24) - A point and click game handmade with paper and clay. It's a really unique and cool look.
Just bought the series of that actually as it was pretty cheap. Played a little bit of it and it seems pretty cool. Love the art style as I'm a sucker for claymation style visuals and the story so far is a little normal but seems like it could get more interesting (As I've just found that burnt letter mentioning the floorboards). Hopefully it gets more interesting down the line :)

Thanks for the recommendation!
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/