American Horror Story: Coven - Love or hate it?

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!

What do you think of American Horror Story?

Love it
22%
Hate it
No votes
Can't decide
11%
Never seen it
67%
Meh
No votes

Total votes: 9

matt

American Horror Story: Coven - Love or hate it?

Post by matt »

I have a love/hate relationship with American Horror Story. There is not that much horror on TV, so I try to watch anything horror-related, but I have trouble deciding how I feel about American Horror Story. Sometimes it is really good but other times it is really uninspired. I was just curious what you guys thought.

Also, any other good horror shows? Walking Dead just started. Yay! Sleepy Hollow seems more action-y than horror. I'm not sure if the new Dracula show just consists of him swimming through a sea of women as the promos would have you believe, but it might be interesting. I also have a bit of a love/hate thing with Hannibal. Maybe I'd enjoy it more if I weren't such a fan of Red Dragon and felt that they were ruining the character...
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
RightClickSaveAs

Re: American Horror Story: Coven - Love or hate it?

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

I haven't seen any of the new season of American Horror Story yet, but the first season I discovered on Netflix not long ago and I love it. It can get cheesy as hell and it felt like they were making things up as they went along but I kinda love that about it too. It was just fun to watch, even with the rough patches, and I hope the next one hits Netflix soon.

Yeah there is a disappointing lack of horror TV shows, unless you stretch the definition a bit. Hostages is a current show that is really good for a network TV show, even though it's more of a thriller.

Under the Dome is apparently considered a horror show, but it turned into a trainwreck really quickly. Just watch the first episode of that, which is pretty good, and make up an ending in your mind and it will be better that what really happened.
matt

Post by matt »

While Under the Dome definitely declined in quality, I still enjoy it. I recently started reading the book. It's completely different, but I'm enjoying it.

While I am on the fence about American Horror Story, I don't regret watching it or anything. It is way better than 666 Park Avenue. I'm glad that got canceled.
-Matt Gilgenbach
KillHailMary

Post by KillHailMary »

I currently like it. I can't wait for everything to come together though, ye know, it's too early to hate it or to love it. Also, I loved witches since I was kid, because I believed I was one (lol) but anyway, other than that: It's like the AHS Season 1 magic is back again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Reality is the Nightmare
gagaplex

Post by gagaplex »

This is the first I heard of it, but I'd expect there to be some lag in the international broadcasting.

But speaking of horror shows on TV, I really enjoyed "Beyond Belief".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_Bel ... or_Fiction
Yeah! I admit it, I liked that show! I really enjoyed the bite-sized spooky stories and some of them were actually quite horrendous... well, I was younger when I saw these, but still. And some were even a little tear-jerking, about a "ghost" coming back to help a family member and the like. I dunno, I enjoyed it even if it was kind of silly.

As for newer shows, I really like Supernatural. Well, except it went totally overboard with its main storyline. But especially the early monster-of-the-week episodes (like Dead in the Water) were amazing, I think.
Miao

Post by Miao »

AHS: The Coven had so much potential to be a good season but they completely messed it up. I don't know whether I'll start watching the next season or not.

Hm, I also stopped watching The Walking Dead. I read (and therefore enjoyed) the comics, but the show is just too repetitive for me. And it's following the comics too closely. While that's a great thing with Game of Thrones (but that show is simply better on so many levels), it kills the suspense at TWD.

Well, and I love Hannibal (call me an heretic, but I think Mads Mikkelsen is far better at acting the emotionless psychopath than Anthony Hopkins). The first season had it's weaknesses but the second one is superb <3
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Hah I gave up on the Walking Dead TV show too. They almost lost me with season two being set all on that farm, but I powered through, only to have to put up with a whole season of Woodbury.

Hannibal looks really good! I hope it comes on Netflix because that's about the only way I watch TV anymore.
matt

Post by matt »

I think the Game of Thrones books are way better than the show, and it bothers me a bit when they deviate from it (which they have begun to quite a bit).

I'm not all caught up on the TWD graphics novels, but I read maybe 100 or so, but personally, I prefer the TV show. The graphic novel moves too fast for me. I like the drama and the relationships. I think there are many key differences (who is alive and dead) in the show such that it would be entertaining for people who like the graphic novels, but I can understand why not.

Hannibal's second season kind of lost me, but the ending of it was pretty awesome. Everything fell into place!
-Matt Gilgenbach