Does anyone else regret playing Broken Age?

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
matt

Re: Does anyone else regret playing Broken Age?

Post by matt »

That's true although to some extent I think Neverending Nightmares is interesting in the way we are revealing it. Even the levels we've shown have some extra story bits that we are working to get added, so the story is almost coming into focus as you continue to play future builds. It's not deliberate but just due to the nature of development.

The net result is that the story is kind of weird and puzzling, which actually works well with the game we are trying to make. The net result will still be weird and puzzling, but you won't really have time to mull over the meaning of the nightmares since I suspect everyone will power through at least one or more playthroughs in one sitting. So I think it's cool, and it is turning out better than I was expecting.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. Rereading that, I kind of sound pretentious. hahaha Well, hopefully you don't regret playing the alpha build. :-D
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Harry Sunderland

Post by Harry Sunderland »

matt wrote:Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. Rereading that, I kind of sound pretentious.
Don't worry Matt, you always sound pretentious :lol:. You know I'm kidding.

Seriously though, I really dig that you add little details here and there to the story. I've played that original KS demo so many times at this point, and watched the pewdiepie playthrough, etc, and I still feel tension in that dark room with the silhouetted windows. Even though I know a jump is coming (though call me crazy, it doesn't always come...is that right?).

I don't regret playing the Alpha mainly because it's fun being part of the discussion, and also because I think it's fun to watch the game evolve and develop.

Already in Alpha 0.2 the game feels so much richer than the original demo...and I appreciated the alpha so much more having played the original demo. It's fun to watch it evolve, and it's fun to give feedback. However, I feel like I can't contribute much since I feel like I'm one of the few who didn't find the baby monsters that difficult (though i did die a few times, once because I ran the wrong way at the "chase" sequence, and once because I wanted to see what death looked like).

Ok I'll shut up now, ironically I've gone on-topic on our off-topic forum. Sorry!
matt

Post by matt »

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the alpha. We have a lot of cool tricks up our sleeves left, so I think you'll be pleased with future builds too. :)

Hearing that you didn't have trouble with the baby monsters is a useful data point, so it helps. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games