Eurogamer's Silent Hill Retrospective

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
matt

Eurogamer's Silent Hill Retrospective

Post by matt »

It is kind of short and doesn't bring much new to the table, but it is still interesting to read about how they were able to make such a great horror game given the limitations of the time:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... rospective
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Grabthehoopka

Re: Eurogamer's Silent Hill Retrospective

Post by Grabthehoopka »

The first Silent Hill is still my personal favorite. I was about a decade late to the party when I first played it, but I was absolutely stunned by what they were able to accomplish with the grainy, pixelly textures and low-poly, origami-like character models.

It's one of those titles that, looking back, I know was critically well-received, but did people know how ahead of its time it was when they played it?
matt

Re: Eurogamer's Silent Hill Retrospective

Post by matt »

I played it last year I think, and I was truly amazed at what they did with the PlayStation hardware. The PlayStation was total garbage for 3D, and they managed to craft a truly immersive world. That is something few games were able to do and still are for that matter.

I prefer Silent Hill 2, but had I played Silent Hill at the time, I would have been blown away, and my answer might be different. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games