Inaugurating the new year the right way

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
Grabthehoopka

Inaugurating the new year the right way

Post by Grabthehoopka »

I missed this oppurtunity on Halloween, so let's start the new year the Neverending Nightmares way: by posting terrifying shit! I will start. This image is really big and half of it gets cropped out when I try to embed it, but it's equally fascinating and disturbing. Just bring this up when someone questions why you're afraid of open ocean:

http://i.imgur.com/UEl6FRd.jpg
matt

Re: Inaugurating the new year the right way

Post by matt »

That's awesome! I'm actually more fascinated with deep sea exploration than space exploration. Space seems so empty, but we really have no idea what is lurking in the depths!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

matt wrote:I'm actually more fascinated with deep sea exploration than space exploration. Space seems so empty, but we really have no idea what is lurking in the depths!
Aaaaaand that's why I'm terrified of the ocean. If I was in the ocean with a whale, any whale, I don't care how harmless they are, I'd probably just have a heart attack and die. If I was in the ocean with some unknown thing down in the dark part of the deep, god only knows what I would do. I would probably just straight up explode. Like, I don't know how, but I'd find a way to spontaneously combust underwater. Sperm whales and giant squids hunting and killing each other in pitch black darkness is one of the most gut-wrenchingly horrifying things I can think of on this earth.

Then again, there's another portrait idea for you - nothing's scarier than old-timey lithographs of giant squids!

matt

Post by matt »

I thought I was the only one, but I am fascinated with giant squids. I love the idea that they could be insanely large, but we have no way of knowing. Our knowledge is completely based on a few specimens that washed up and parts from stomachs of whales, but since they live in the deep, they might not be representative at all. Maybe the large ones never lose a fight! :-D

I don't know if you watch Shark Week, but last year, they had an awesome one called Alien Sharks, which are about deep sea sharks that are rarely seen. The megamouth shark makes an appearance, and it was only discovered in 1976, and there has only been 55 sightings. If we are still discovering creatures like that, who knows what lurks in the depths? Cthulhu perhaps? :-P
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games