What are you going to do on Halloween?

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
Raziel_cz

What are you going to do on Halloween?

Post by Raziel_cz »

Hello,

I just read a short article about DoubleFine's "Costume Quest" releasing on iOS. The author reminded me, that Halloween, All Saints's Day, All Souls' Day and similar holidays people in various countries celebrate every year are getting closer. Anyway, I can imagine, what's the most of anglo-american people going to do, but if you are as antisocial as me, or you don't celebrate Halloween in your country (as the people in mine), or whatever, what's your plan for the end of October/beginning of November?

What game are you going to play, what book or comics are you going to read, or what movie or TV show are you going to watch in this season of horror? Or do you have another idea of how to spend it? Are you going to go for a walk to the cemetery? Share it here.

I guess I'll stay at home and play "Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut", if I'm able to get it on the day of its release. If not, I don't know yet. Maybe "Dead Space", but it's full of action and I look for more of an atmospheric title. Too bad I still remember "Silent Hill: Shattered Memories" from the time I finished it pretty well.

The book I'd like to find a moment to read is a collection of H.P. Lovecraft's short stories from the years 1926 to 1930, which includes well known "The Call of Cthulhu", "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward" or "The Dunwich Horror". I am at the second half of the book now, so I may as well be finished at that time of course. My backup plan consists of re-reading "Crossed" by Garth Ennis.

I'm not sure about the movie. Is Carpenter's "Halloween" too mainstream? Maybe I'll just stick to the "Supernatural" TV series. I regret watching "Stake Land" recently, it would be a perfect depressing film for the autumn evening.
gagaplex

Re: What are you going to do on Halloween?

Post by gagaplex »

Actually, I'll be working. I work in a lab and it needs to be staffed on every day by at least a skeleton crew (oh, topical). Means I'll get more money for my work hours, though. :lol:
Funnily enough, I did pre-record a number of Costume Quest videos, though, which I'll upload.
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

I'm going to do a marathon of horror games from various site including this one: http://www.gameshed.com/Scary-Games/ and this time I'm going to finish Deeper Sleep :D . Maybe after that I'm going to watch various films (any advises?). and I don't know what I'm going to do after that
matt

Post by matt »

I doubt I'll do something special. Maybe I'll play some horror games, but hat's pretty much what I do everyday. haha I'm so boring!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

Maybe you can go to a murder mystery game It'll be fun I guess
Raziel_cz

Post by Raziel_cz »

I guess mass society finds us all boring, Matt.

Miumiaou, that's actually a very good idea!
Harry Sunderland

Post by Harry Sunderland »

I'm actually on a business trip to New York, so it'll eIther be amazing or uneventful on Halloween.

Anyone know of any must see things in NYC for halloween?
loudERIC

Post by loudERIC »

I work that night... :(
"If you're going through Hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill.
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

Hmmmm I think for Halloween I'll probably end up watching a movie like boring normal people do. Although for the Halloween weekend I'm going to a fancy dress party where me and 4 other dudes are dressing up as Jacket from Hotline Miami so that'll be fun!
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
ranger_lennier

Post by ranger_lennier »

One of my housemates goes wild with decorating for Halloween. It's a clown theme this year. Window displays include carnival signs that switch labels when under blacklight (i.e. "Food" to "Poison"), helium balloons floating a severed head, and a clown that rocks back and forth while holding a meat cleaver to someone's throat. It's actually more disturbing than usual.

When it's time for trick-or-treat, I'll help out with the "haunted porch" he puts together for the kids. Most of them have fun with it, though he has been known to make a few cry. :)