The active Kickstarter projects discussion thread.

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
LobsterSundew

Re: The active Kickstarter projects discussion thread.

Post by LobsterSundew »

A sci-fi ARPG, with OUYA as a target platform, called Unsworn launched today. There is a demo that can be played on PC and it has the potential to be a graphically good looking OUYA title.

Legend of Lancer cancelled itself after 10 days.

Obduction from the creators of Myst now has over 9,000 backers.
LobsterSundew

Post by LobsterSundew »

The adventure game Dropsy has relaunched. Back in 2011 it was the 4th campaign I ever backed through Kickstarter. Other backers of the previous campaign and myself have been refining the new campaign and want to see the game finally get made.

Viktor is an action sidescroller with a demo and a dodge mechanic that functions through solid objects in the environment. I'm a member on the SCIRRA game creators forum where Viktor's project creator is also from.

Night In The Woods is an impressive dark atmospheric adeventure game. I'll be watching this one closely. I don't expect Hyper Light Drifter levels of going viral, but it could be one of the big campaigns going into November. The music reminds me of Gravity Falls.

Confederate Express is a tactical RPG with strong pixel art and a character delivering packages during a zombie outbreak. It has had a slower start than I expected.
matt

Post by matt »

I just backed Dropsy! I love the animation. It looks awesome. There needs to be more games about clowns. haha
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

This one's funding has ended, but is worth watching if you're into horror and point and click. It should be interesting watching the progress, it's being made by a team of just two people who are new to game development (they put up a great demo though so the ability is there).

It was also Greenlit on Steam with the latest batch that included Neverending Nightmares!

Fran Bow : A Very Creepy Point & Click Adventure Game: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fran- ... nture-game
matt

Post by matt »

I backed Fran Bow and chatted with Natalia a bit about the development, and I'm super excited about it!
-Matt Gilgenbach
ranger_lennier

Post by ranger_lennier »

Two projects I backed have funded recently--"Knite and the Ghost Lights" and "Cornerstone: The Song of Tyrim". So I've got lots of games to look forward to.
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

Why has nobody brought up Alone yet?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/928 ... 1?ref=live

It looks amazing,but it doesn't look like it's doing too good at the moment.
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Grabthehoopka wrote:Why has nobody brought up Alone yet?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/928 ... 1?ref=live

It looks amazing,but it doesn't look like it's doing too good at the moment.
Probably because of this:
Alone is a brand new type of horror experience. It requires the use of the Oculus Rift headset, headphones, and a PC enabled controller.
Everything I've heard about the Oculus Rift sounds pretty impressive, but it's a long way off from becoming a mainstream gaming device.
sunsetbrew

Post by sunsetbrew »

The Rift is supposed to release next year. I am with you in that I want to wait for a release version. Both the Rift and Alone seem awesome though.

Alone is really taking advantage of that VR experience. That is very awesome, but there is something important missing from it. The player plays a game in a game. The point of the inner game is to fool the brain into substituting the main game with reality. It is a clever trick. BUT, the inner game is a lame running around for envelopes on the ground and the real game seems like it is missing confrontation. Critic aside, Alone is a giant leap in the right direction for the VR experience.

EDIT: Also the Rift has been known for motion sickness. That could be a problem.
matt

Post by matt »

I am super excited about the Rift, but I played the current developer kit and the pixels are HUGE. I'm even wondering if 1080p will be good enough for it to look really sharp.

Alone definitely sounds cool, but I'm not sure I can justify the cost of an Occulus until it's awesome.
-Matt Gilgenbach