The active Kickstarter projects discussion thread.

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
matt

Re: The active Kickstarter projects discussion thread.

Post by matt »

Thanks for the link to the reddit post! You had a really good run down on the issues with their campaign backed by data! It was really interesting to read. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
evilkinggumby

Post by evilkinggumby »

LobsterSundew wrote:I joined BackerClub relaunched. It is a phpBB forum just like Infinitap uses. Each day there is a wheel spin minigame to get entries into drawings for dollar amounts that can be pledged to the campaign of the winner's choice. People have to have pledged to more than 25 Kickstarter projects to get in. I'm treating it like an experiment. Hopefully it becomes a useful place for pre-launch marketing. The initial launch was aborted because people refused to provide their Kickstarter account login details so BackerClub could verify the person was the account owner. It is now verified by copying text into one's Kickstarter profile.
Odd when I go to their site it says the entrance is 50 backed projects. If they count unsuccessful campaigns and current open projects I'm barely over the 50 mark(53). If they only count successful backing I am below it.

Is a nifty idea from what you've explained.
[I am Evilkinggumby on DeviantArt and Steam if you want to looks me up!]
ranger_lennier

Post by ranger_lennier »

I was glad to see Shadow of the Eternals come back. But the new company does sound awfully ambitious with all the media convergence stuff. Hopefully they've got enough funding to get the game even if they don't end up creating a huge media franchise.
evilkinggumby

Post by evilkinggumby »

ranger_lennier wrote:I was glad to see Shadow of the Eternals come back. But the new company does sound awfully ambitious with all the media convergence stuff. Hopefully they've got enough funding to get the game even if they don't end up creating a huge media franchise.
after all the ups and downs with that project, to me that project has herpes and no amount of boosters will fully treat the infection. I'll wait and possibly get it when it hits market.

Unless Matt supports it . Then i might ;) lol

Sadly it doesn't look good for Impact Winter

I really like the idea of this and what kind of potential the game could have, but their budget has barely bumped since the first few weeks, and they're far from their goal with only a few days left.

On the upside Stasis released a new video showing more of the game and I am really loving what I've seen so far. Am very glad I backed it. As well Bloom
[I am Evilkinggumby on DeviantArt and Steam if you want to looks me up!]
LobsterSundew

Post by LobsterSundew »

I saw the Stasis update in my inbox today. That was a impressive one.

Another project about to release is LISA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-kT5SDifCU

Nevermind just made its goal when there was 57 minutes remaining.

The backers of The Black Glove are trying really hard to promote it. The numbers show a funding distance that I think is just too large for the current campaign to cover.

Flat Kingdom has footage that looks like the type of casual games on iOS that many people have grown to hate, but then I was surprised by footage that actually impressed me. There appears to be a carnivorous plant boss. The sound balance in the pitch is really bad in parts with sound effects forcing me to turn down my speaker volume.

OVERRIDE is a physics-based sandbox with giant Japanese-style mecha combat. It can be described as a 4 player QWOP meets Pacific Rim.

There was the "Join25" code for BackerClub mentioned in a project update for Elegy for a Dead World. I also have invite codes.

Blackwake is a multiplayer sailing ship combat game where players are crew members.
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

LobsterSundew wrote:I saw the Stasis update in my inbox today. That was a impressive one.

Another project about to release is LISA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-kT5SDifCU
Stasis is such a cool story, it still amazes me that it's all being done by one guy. EDIT: Wait, looks like there may be two people on the team from his website, I never caught that before. Still impressive!

That LISA trailer is something else, everyone should watch it. It looks like the most bizarre game.
matt

Post by matt »

I was really pleased that the Nevermind relaunch was funded! It was even further down to the wire than Neverending Nightmares. I think they did 50% of their funding in the last 2 days. We only did about 33%. A few days before the campaign ended, I wrote Erin an email asking what she'd do if it didn't get funded, and now I feel dumb! I shouldn't have lost faith.

I was talking with a friend about the Black Glove at GDC Next (that's why I've been absent from the forums lately), and I think it is either a really strange game, or they are doing a bad job at communicating what it is. It seems like you play a bunch of classic arcade mini-games in order to change the motivations of the artists, which will show new scripted events and advance the plot. That in and of itself seems like a weird combination of gameplay, but maybe I'm missing something. Perhaps they are being too mysterious, which is always a problem when pitching a game to backers rather than a publisher...

LISA seems super bizarre - in a good way. I think I'm a bit sick of the Final Fantasy style combat though after playing countless hours of FF-10 and earlier. (I just couldn't get into 12, and I gave up on it after that since the games are sooo long.)
-Matt Gilgenbach
ranger_lennier

Post by ranger_lennier »

evilkinggumby wrote:
ranger_lennier wrote:I was glad to see Shadow of the Eternals come back. But the new company does sound awfully ambitious with all the media convergence stuff. Hopefully they've got enough funding to get the game even if they don't end up creating a huge media franchise.
after all the ups and downs with that project, to me that project has herpes and no amount of boosters will fully treat the infection. I'll wait and possibly get it when it hits market.

Unless Matt supports it . Then i might ;) lol
They haven't said anything about crowd funding this time. I assume they've found investors.
matt

Post by matt »

Well, it could be they just put up info about the project to pitch it to investors. It's not really clear if they have any developers working on it. Perhaps they didn't even pay Precursor anything for the rights. Maybe they just have an agreement to use the assets for the time being... Who knows if they'll ever get the money to finish the project...
-Matt Gilgenbach
ranger_lennier

Post by ranger_lennier »

Denis Dyack described it as "actively in production". But I haven't heard a lot of details at this point.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/31/ ... nt-company

He was on IGN's Nintendo podcast. It's a good interview, but talked a lot more about the GameCube era than about the new game.

http://feeds.ign.com/~r/ignfeeds/podcas ... rkness.mp3