So what are you guys listening to? (A music thread)

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
RightClickSaveAs

Re: So what are you guys listening to? (A music thread)

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

loudERIC wrote:
RightClickSaveAs wrote:Ashes Against the Grain
Good lord I love that album... Remember finding it in a music store and thinking the album art was crazy looking and the songs had cool names. Figured I'd give it a whirl. No regrets... also found Modest Mouse that way. Good News For People Who Love Bad News had JUST come out and was on the new releases rack. Hadn't heard anything off of it (Float On wasn't on rotation on the radio for a good month or two after I bought it) and loved every moment of it. Agalloch are criminally underrated.
Ashes Against the Grain was my introduction to Agalloch too. They really seem like they should be super famous. Their music is pretty intricate and layered.

It was good to see Modest Mouse get some widespread recognition, they've been around for a long time and had made their mark on the indie scene but were still fairly unknown until Good News... started to get some serious airplay. I was familiar with them in a passing sense, and that made me go back and listen to their older stuff and appreciate it more.
gagaplex

Post by gagaplex »

A surprising amount of OCRemix and other games-music, actually. I used to primarily listen to classic rock of various sorts (AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Blue Öyster Cult, Creedence Clearwater Revival), but lately I've also enjoyed a lot of electronic stuff. Heck, check out the soundtrack for Electronic Super Joy if you're into that sort of stuff.
matt

Post by matt »

I'll have to check those bands out! Thanks for the recommendations!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games