Brothers, Machine for Pigs, or both?

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
Harry Sunderland

Brothers, Machine for Pigs, or both?

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Hey guys,

I'm considering taking advantage of the Steam sale for when I get back home. Would you guys recommend I buy Brothers, Amnesia: Machine for Pigs, or both?

#firstworldproblems
loudERIC

Re: Brothers, Machine for Pigs, or both?

Post by loudERIC »

You play Walking Dead season 1 yet? Disregard all. Play that.

(Brothers is game of the year material, amnesia is good but not great like the previous one)
"If you're going through Hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill.
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

I recommend you to buy both
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

loudERIC wrote:You play Walking Dead season 1 yet? Disregard all. Play that.
This, if you haven't played it yet do it!

Well I've heard Brothers is the better game overall but I guess it depends on your taste really. Machine for Pigs is more about the atmosphere and story than its gameplay, where as Brothers tries to tie the story and gameplay together to create a hard hitting story.

This is just based on what I've seen though seeing as I haven't played either game!
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

I'd recommend against Machine for Pigs, I found it to be a disappointment. I'm fine that it wasn't Amnesia: Dark Descent 2, and I wasn't expecting that, but I don't think it worked very well as a horror game or a story. It's the overwrought, abstract type of narrative that was seen in Dear Esther, where there is a lot of metaphor and symbolism and it just didn't do anything for me.

I just bought Outlast on sale through Steam, looking forward to getting into that for a couple hours this evening! I've heard mixed things, but I really want to scratch the horror game itch, that hasn't really happened since the first Amnesia.
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

The steam sale is over, so there's not a lot of good in posting, but-

I would recommend you give A Machine For Pigs a try anyway. It's incredibly divisive, and it seems like there's not much middle ground between people who love or hate it. I, personally, loved it. It's similar to Dear Esther, yes, but the story is much more straightforward. I like it about as much as I do the first game, and I recommend it to everyone that'll listen. The problem with it is that you can listen to as many reviews as you want, but there's really no way of knowing if you'll like it or not without playing it yourself.