What games are you playing right now?

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
ranger_lennier

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Post by ranger_lennier »

JPrice wrote:There's not much that's been announced in 2014 so far that I'm looking forward to really, but it is only coming up to the start of that year so I'm hoping for something to pop up!
There are already several games I'm anticipating--Dark Souls 2, Watch Dogs, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Thief, and The Evil Within come to mind. Of course, I haven't nearly played all of the worthy 2013 games. Hopefully I'll be getting some of them in the next few hours. :-)
matt

Post by matt »

I'm really excited about the Evil Within, and I am somewhat excited about Donkey Kong Country, but both my wife and I didn't get really into DKCR... It just seemed to be missing some of the magic of the old ones. Maybe it was too unforgiving and we forgot the brutal difficulty of SNES games? I'm not sure. I am still hopeful that the WiiU one will be cool though. My wife and I love co-op platformers. :)

Thief should be interesting because I think I read some rumors about how the development had a lot of problems. Hopefully they'll figure everything out in time for ship.

Dark Souls 2 is too hard for me, and I'm not that big into open world games, so I'll probably skip Watch Dogs, but it definitely looks like it'll be a good game.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

Speaking of games I'm playing right now! I've just gotten a hold of this game called Wrack off Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/253610/

I found it after looking on Desura for some indie games and found out it was available on Steam as well. It's in early access right now so it's a little rough around the edges. That said it's a great little throwback to old school FPS like Doom and the like. Fast and tight movement controls, a nice cell-shaded style, satisfying guns (even if they're a little bog standard) and just good fun all round :D

Granted I've only played like an hour and 10 minutes of it total so far but so far it's pretty good, considering I bought it in the sale for like £7.19! Just hope that it's not really short as I'm on Mission 5 of Episode 1 at the moment, then again it is in Early Access so even if there was only one episode I suspect more are gonna be added later :)
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
ranger_lennier

Post by ranger_lennier »

matt wrote:I'm really excited about the Evil Within, and I am somewhat excited about Donkey Kong Country, but both my wife and I didn't get really into DKCR... It just seemed to be missing some of the magic of the old ones. Maybe it was too unforgiving and we forgot the brutal difficulty of SNES games? I'm not sure. I am still hopeful that the WiiU one will be cool though. My wife and I love co-op platformers. :)

Thief should be interesting because I think I read some rumors about how the development had a lot of problems. Hopefully they'll figure everything out in time for ship.

Dark Souls 2 is too hard for me, and I'm not that big into open world games, so I'll probably skip Watch Dogs, but it definitely looks like it'll be a good game.
Yeah, I love co-op platformers. I played through DKCR with my boyfriend and really liked it, but it definitely got challenging, particularly if you unlocked and played through the temple levels. But Nintendo also had easier platformers like New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Kirby's Epic Yarn. I wish more genres of games offered local co-op these days. So much is on-line only now, but it's not the same as being in the same room as the people you're playing with.

I'm not surprised you're not a big Dark Souls fan, but that's probably the game I've spent the most time on in recent memory. I actually found it super frustrating when I first started, but as I learned how to play the game, I grew to appreciate the tough but fair combat. And the varied level and creature designs are some of the best I've ever seen.

I don't have access to most of my game collection right now, but that's OK since I just started A Link Between Worlds. So far it seems to be a worthy follow-up to A Link To The Past, which is a hell of a legacy to live up to.
gagaplex

Post by gagaplex »

I'm playing STALKER Call of Pripyat again now. Still an awesome FPS/RPG/Horror-mixture. :-)
If only it weren't so buggy/crash-prone. :-(
Hey, matt, did that series ever influence you, by the way?
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

matt wrote:I'm not that big into open world games, so I'll probably skip Watch Dogs, but it definitely looks like it'll be a good game.
Ahhhh yeah I completely forgot about Watchdogs, that does look like it has the potential to an interesting game so I'll keep an eye on it. Might keep an eye on Titanfall as well to see if it's any good!
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
matt

Post by matt »

gagaplex wrote:I'm playing STALKER Call of Pripyat again now. Still an awesome FPS/RPG/Horror-mixture. :-)
If only it weren't so buggy/crash-prone. :-(
Hey, matt, did that series ever influence you, by the way?
I've actually never played it. I'm a little burnt out on FPSes, and I recall hearing it was both challenging and open world, which are turn offs for me. I have heard really good things about it, so maybe I have to check it out one of these days!
-Matt Gilgenbach
LobsterSundew

Post by LobsterSundew »

I've been playing the digital CCG War of Omens. It has been a very good experience so far since the Kickstarter campaign. Below is a single key (Please message me or comment here when it's redeemed).

OrulvmFcm5joyn1xOWmp

RimWorld's alpha is what I want to play in February.

Back in 2012 I backed Paper Sorcerer which has now been released. I've yet to install it or Broken Age or The Banner Saga.
matt

Post by matt »

I've been trying to play FPSes on the Steam Controller to get the hang of it. I don't have the hang of it. Not even close. I played the first Penumbra as well as the Justine Expansion for Amnesia, which I recently found out existed. Penumbra is pretty cool, but the Justine expansion was kind of disappointing.

I also played Broken Age (also with the steam controller) and that worked a lot better, and the game was amazing!
-Matt Gilgenbach
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

The second Penumbra is even better, you can see the game designers learning and turning themselves into the team that would eventually make Amnesia: Dark Descent.

Broken Age is so good, I've already said that several times but it really is. They just pushed out a big update Friday, I think it was, that fixed a ton of stuff too, including some really nitpicky stuff. I went back through and tried interacting with everything, and the attention to detail is really impressive. There are dialogue and interactions in there I'd estimate 90% of players will never see, because the actions are so weird and specific and require unnecessary backtracking.