Repeating Nightmare

Have any scary nightmares? Share them with us!
StabbyAnn

Repeating Nightmare

Post by StabbyAnn »

REPEATING NIGHTMARE

This nightmare used to occur regularly. It was one of the few dreams where I knew I was dreaming and I would try to change what happened, but it never seemed to work out in my favour.

The dream would always start the same, with the gentle tugging of my bedsheets at the bottom of my bed. Then a large, clammy hand would stroke my hair, gradually moving to my cheek. It would move so slowly, leaving an icy chill in its place. I remember in earlier dreams I tried to grab it, but my hand just passed through it; the stroking continued in the same, incessant manner.

I wanted nothing more than to move, or at least scream for my parents, but I couldn't. The most I could do was sit up in my bed. When I would open my mouth to scream, a gargle would emerge followed by my tongue falling out in front of me, where it would wiggle on my bed in a bloody, slimy mess. I would try to grab my tongue and put it back in my mouth, but then a voice would whisper in my ear, "Devil's tongue, Devil's tongue". One time, I stopped myself screaming to prevent my tongue from falling out, but instead, my eyes rolled to the back of my head and down my throat, stopping so that I could see my tongue wiggling about from the inside of my mouth. My eyes would then roll into the inside of my mouth, where I would uncontrollably chew them.

I would cry, but my tears were acidic; they would burn my cheek as they rolled down, blistering my skin. However, if I don't cry, the acid tears build up and burn through my eyes, leaving nothing but a thick, black substance. Here, the nightmare would switch between third and first person, so I would still be able to see what was happening as well as feel everything.

The nightmare always ends the same too, with the clammy, invisible hands grasping my neck tightly, strangling me. I'd always wake up just before I felt myself slipping away.
miumiaou

Re: Repeating Nightmare

Post by miumiaou »

welcome to this forum Stabbyann! You can introduce yourself here: viewforum.php?f=16

This nightmare should be horrible! I never experienced this kind of nightmare where you could do nothing but I fear to have a nightmare like that one day!
matt

Post by matt »

Wow, that nightmare sounds awful! I can't imagine having that nightmare once - let alone multiple times... That sounds more terrifying than the game we are making!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Fantasy

Post by Fantasy »

This is exceptionally pleasant and average post....You shook posting it.....Thanks a ton for posting it....!!!
evilkinggumby

Post by evilkinggumby »

Fantasy wrote:This is exceptionally pleasant and average post....You shook posting it.....Thanks a ton for posting it....!!!
My apologies if maybe your not a native english speaker but.. I don't get what you are saying, which makes me wonder if you're a lurking spammer. any chance to explain? Or should I just watch your signature field for links in the coming weeks?
[I am Evilkinggumby on DeviantArt and Steam if you want to looks me up!]
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Yeah almost definitely spam, I edited out the signature actually based on the info you posted in another thread about that being a common spam tactic :)
matt

Post by matt »

Good catch. The account should be banned now. :)

Thanks everyone!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games