School nightmares/teeth nightmares

Have any scary nightmares? Share them with us!
Lotus Prince

School nightmares/teeth nightmares

Post by Lotus Prince »

I almost never remember my dreams, but there are occasions when I have nightmares that I actually remember. They're kind of standard, unfortunately. One type is when I see that I'm in a class that I have no recollection of signing up for, and I know none of the material that I'm being tested on at that moment. It's uncomfortable.

More unsettling to me are the dreams where I lose teeth. Those dreams are creepy because I really have no idea that I'm dreaming at those points. Some of my teeth become really loose to the point where there's no way I could chew with them, and I remove them painlessly. The problem is that I lose about 4-8 teeth at a time that way, so I'm holding several teeth in my hand, and I look in a mirror and see that I'm missing that many teeth, and oh no, how am I supposed to go through the rest of my life looking like this, and also having that few functional teeth. It's such a relief when I wake up.
matt

Re: School nightmares/teeth nightmares

Post by matt »

I still have dreams about school, not studying for finals, and things like that, and it's been over 10 years since I graduated college. hahah I don' know if they'll ever go away, but it seems like they are pretty common (but always uncomfortable).

I also have dreams about losing my teeth! Those are pretty common too I think. I asked my psychiatrist what that means, and he turned it around and asked it what it means to me. At least to me, it seems like the loss of something permanent. You can't get your teeth back, so losing teeth is losing something important - part of yourself. Maybe that's just me though.

I'm not sure that's what it means to you, and I think you can find several websites on dream analysis that offer suggestions as to what they mean.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Lotus Prince

Post by Lotus Prince »

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, both of mine are commonish-dreams, I think. I myself graduated from college five years ago, but those dreams still come up every now and then, so go figure. :-P

The teeth thing sounds rather intriguing. I love how stuff works like that - now I have to go analyze myself. :-D
matt

Post by matt »

If you can figure out what else the teeth falling out means, please share! :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lotus Prince

Post by Lotus Prince »

Well, I am something of a candy junkie, so there may not be a deeper meaning - it may be some sort of fear that too much sugar will ruin my teeth. :-P
matt

Post by matt »

hahaha, that definitely could be it!
-Matt Gilgenbach