Annabelle doll

Have any scary nightmares? Share them with us!
miumiaou

Annabelle doll

Post by miumiaou »

Last night I had a nightmare about the Annabelle doll
In this nightmare, I was in front of the mirror in my bedroom, and in place of my reflect, there was the Annabelle doll who was watching me. I wanted to stop watching her in return but I couldn't because my body was petrified then I wake up and I couldn't fell asleep again because the mirror of my nightmare was near the bed.
matt

Re: Annabelle doll

Post by matt »

Wow that's rough! Dolls are scary...
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

yes espacially those who are possess by pure evil U_U
mick46

Post by mick46 »

Is the Annabelle doll from The Conjuring? 'Cause that doll was very creepy
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

Yes it was this one (for those who didn't watch the film: http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Annabell ... juring.jpg)
siovannie

Post by siovannie »

Looks like I won't be watching that movie like I planned on doing 0.o Dolls scare the crap out of me, this one is freaking terrifying.
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

Yes I know, the moment that scared me the most was count in the few ones with this doll (when I went out of the cinema, I felt really feeble and I think if I had more I would probably had lost consciousness and my boyfriend was crying of fear at all the scary moments of this film). But now I can't find the sleep again because this scene is haunted me...is there someone that could help me?
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

miumiaou wrote:Yes I know, the moment that scared me the most was count in the few ones with this doll (when I went out of the cinema, I felt really feeble and I think if I had more I would probably had lost consciousness and my boyfriend was crying of fear at all the scary moments of this film). But now I can't find the sleep again because this scene is haunted me...is there someone that could help me?
Well, I'm not a psychiatrist, or a psychologist, or any person qualified enough to give advice, but my suggestion is exposure.

I had a similar experience with Jaws. It's my favorite movie of all time, and I saw it during a beneficial lapse of judgment on my parents' behalf when I was five years old, and it's what made me want to get into the movie industry. But, especially seeing it at such a young age, I was afraid of ALL water afterwords, no matter how mundane or illogical. Specifically, there's this one shot of the movie that absolutely haunted me, and it's weird cause nobody else ever seems to mention it. Early on, when the shark goes after the kids in the sailboat, there's a guy in a rowboat that it attacks, first by capsizing the boat, and then by grabbing him and pulling him under. The horrifying part is this one specific shot: the camera is high up, looking down on him clinging to the side of the boat. Then, we indistinctly see the shark, which is the first real glimpse of the thing in the entire movie, come up behind him, but it's juuuuuust below the surface of the water, and juuuuust far enough down that we can't see it clearly, but you can still see it floating along sideways and open its mouth, and then a second later the guy gets pulled under the water. That one shot haunted me more than anything else in the film, and that's always what I pictured any time I was in a swimming pool or floating just above a body of water.

Any time that part came up in the movie, I hid my eyes cause I couldn't stand watching it, but a while ago, I compelled myself to beat that one shot. So, I re-watched it, and when that shot came, I watched it, then rewound it, and watched it again, and rewound it, and so on and so forth, until I wasn't afraid of it anymore. Through exposure therapy, by re-watching it over and over again, the scene in question becomes familiar and predictable, and loses the mystique it had before. It also calls attention to the artificiality of it, of the fact that it's a movie, and when you start thinking about the cast and crew making that shot, and all the steps and work that went into making it, then that's what it becomes: just another movie. Well, I mean, not JUST ANOTHER movie, it's still Jaws, my favorite movie of all time, but you get what I mean.

So, I know it's not just one shot in particular but rather several parts, and The Conjuring isn't out on home video yet, but I do think that the best way to deal with a particular part of a movie that scares you is to bite the bullet and watch it over and over. By not watching it, you're scaring yourself by re-living all of the thoughts going through your head, and the experience of seeing it for the first time, so you just need to expose it in the daylight, so to speak, and examine it until it becomes just another movie to you, something that someone imagined and a crew of artists collaborated on to create and compose and turn into a piece of entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less. Then, it will lose its power over you.
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

Thank you I think i'll do that
matt

Post by matt »

Interestingly "Exposure and Response Prevention" cognitive behavioral therapy is the treatment that helped me get my OCD under control, and it is very similar to that. :) I hope it helps you!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games