Nightmares stemming from OCD

Have any scary nightmares? Share them with us!
ranger_lennier

Re: Nightmares stemming from OCD

Post by ranger_lennier »

macaca wrote:Great point ranger_lennier! I guess I forgot to mention how I dealt with the hygienic repercussions of the toilet monster. So I sometimes washed my hands before flushing, then I went to the bathroom and flushed before running to the bed. But usually I would instead wash after the bed-post ritual. I suppose that would make my bed-post kinda gross (or my toilet bowl's handle especially clean), but come on, my life was on the line here! I think it was admirable on my part that I even thought about washing my hands in the midst of these nightly near-death experiences...
Thanks for setting my mind at ease. :)
macaca

Re: Nightmares stemming from OCD

Post by macaca »

No problem! Also, if you are concerned that the monster itself would muck up the place while chasing me (living in a toilet and all), it was actually a rather clean monster. It was nothing like The Great Mighty Poo, despite sharing TGMP's vulnerability to flushing toilets. Our monster (my father's and mine) traveled out of the toilet directly via the water tank, not the basin itself (which it only used to make its final exit). So it was remarkably free of germs and was not disgusting at all, though I have no idea what it actually looked like. The fear it evoked was more relating to being drowned or suffocated, like those trapped rabbits who were smothered underground in the opening scene of Watership Down. Talk about a movie that gave me childhood nightmares.