Neverending Nightmares on Android! (through Humble)

General chat about Neverending Nightmares open to everyone
matt

Neverending Nightmares on Android! (through Humble)

Post by matt »

Surprise!

If you backed the project on kickstarter or purchased through Humble, then you can get our Android touch-controlled version, which is not available anywhere else. If you bought it on Steam and want to try it on Android, be sure to support the Humble PC + Android Bundle 13, which features Neverending Nightmares.

If you give it a try, let me know what you think.

Thanks!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Ulgrath

Re: Neverending Nightmares on Android! (through Humble)

Post by Ulgrath »

I must say I am enjoying the game and since I am away from my computer quite a bit now it is nice to have it on android. I liked it up in the bundle. However with very frequent crashes it destroys the mood so I have put it down for now.

No error just a crash on a kindle fire 7
matt

Post by matt »

I'm sorry to hear about the crashes. We think we can probably eliminate them but needless to say, they didn't happen in our testing. They all have the same cause but the most frequent ways to trigger them is changing the graphics settings or language in the options menu.

Does it happen for you when playing the game? When does it happen? Going through doors to new worlds? At any point during the gameplay? We hope to have a better fix early next week, but this is one of the challenges of Android. It worked just fine on the numerous phones I tested it on, but there are sooooo many out there.

Thanks, and I'm so sorry for the trouble!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Ulgrath

Post by Ulgrath »

I will try tonight to change the graphics settings. it seems to be random to be honest one time it may happen going through the door the next walking down the hall. I can always continue just kills the atmosphere of the game.

Now with the kindle fire you dont have access to the play store so if there is code to connect to play store to verify legit copy of the game it could be that, that is crashing me.

like I said I will attempt the graphics and keep checking here for updates worst case just a game that I will play on steam :-)
matt

Post by matt »

The humble bundle version is DRM-free, so it doesn't use the Play Store at all. I've tested it on a Kindle Fire, so the crashes should not be related to that. The graphics setting crash is hopefully fixed, but we are getting a lot of crash reports, so it sounds like there is something else seriously wrong. We *hope* we've fixed it in the latest build, but I'm not 100% sure that is the case. At the very least, it is a known issue (and one that didn't come up in our testing), so we are working very hard to sort it out. We've pushed a new build almost every day to try and resolve this. Hopefully the 7th time is the charm, but let me know if it still doesn't work.

I am so sorry for the trouble!
-Matt Gilgenbach