Favorite Reviews/Let's Plays

General chat about Neverending Nightmares open to everyone
matt

Re: Favorite Reviews/Let's Plays

Post by matt »

Honestly, I think the big game sites don't care as much about covering PC indie games - probably because there are soooooooooooo many of them. I had some contacts at some big sites, but I think we were kind of screwed by the fact that the embargo for Shadows of Mordor reviews as well as Smash Bros were around the same time as our release.

Hopefully sites will still consider reviewing the game, but I think the further away it gets from the release date, the less likely that is. It's also unfortunate that metacritic/gamerankings have weird criteria for what reviews they take. My personal favorite review is from TwoDashStash, but it seems like they aren't covered by Metacritic, when Slant Magazine is, and they wrote a quick review. Maybe I'm just bitter because Slant Magazine's scoreless review somehow works out to be a 7 on metacritic... :-/

Hopefully we can get some reviews to bring the average up. I am still hoping to get my 80 although it may be out of reach....
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

For all the fans of DashieGames' playthrough, he just put up episode 2, and he's just as...enthusiastic as he was the first time, if not moreso. He also mentions that he continued the playthrough not only cause he's "fealin' the fuck out this game", but also because the last video had an abnormally high number of likes. I checked myself, and it has around 19,200+ likes, which is several thousand more than his videos for Slender: The Arrival and (some of) the Five Nights at Freddy's videos, and a whole hell of a lot more than the videos he made for Hyrule Warriors, Shadow of Mordor, and the other major release videos he's made lately. This new one is already well past 17,000 likes and it's been less than 24 hours, so I'd say that quite a few people are enjoying it. In his own words, "Dis shit creepy as fuck, yo." Indeed, Dashie. You done good.
AndreJ

Post by AndreJ »

I saw the first part that he put up and I was cracking up as he was trying to rap to the Neverending Nightmares music!
Some really good reactions in the video though.
matt

Post by matt »

I never thought Neverending Nightmares would inspire people to rap. :) Awesome!
-Matt Gilgenbach
gagaplex

Post by gagaplex »

Well, I've played through the final version now and unlocked all of the paths. I did make an LP of it, but uploading takes quite a long time. Here's only the first video of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7y-slq ... 5gk39y0fOA
matt

Post by matt »

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your Let's Play. I'll try and take a look when I get a chance. Things have been really busy for me after releasing the game, which isn't quite what I was expecting, but maybe I should have. haha
-Matt Gilgenbach
LobsterSundew

Post by LobsterSundew »

A Neverending Nightmares video just went up on TheSw1tcher.
matt

Post by matt »

Awesome! Thanks for the link! I'll check it out.
-Matt Gilgenbach