The game is out! Please write positive reviews

General chat about Neverending Nightmares open to everyone
matt

Re: The game is out! Please write positive reviews

Post by matt »

I'm not sure. We added enemies after the initial kickstarter demo, which I thought would amplify the scares and mollify critics who might have felt the demo was too exploration based and not scary enough. I don't think it did though, and I realize our enemies aren't the best.

I find it interesting that the horror game we are most similar to is probably P.T., and I think one review complained about our game and said P.T. is way better... You don't really do much in P.T. other than walk and look at things... There aren't even enemies you can avoid.

I guess this has given me a lot to think about for future games. :-/
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Teknyan

Post by Teknyan »

Dear Matt,

Thank you for this awesome game! The style is unique and it is perfect how it is! I just finished the game and I have to say it was a real pleasure. What you did there was a piece of art ;) I know that not everyone understands this unique type of graphics, but I do it in every way and have to tell you that you have done a great job!

I hope that there will be some dlc soon :)

Greetings from switzerland,
teknyan
matt

Post by matt »

Thank you so much for your kind words!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

Hey, look at that! User reviews: Very Positive (80% of 246)
matt

Post by matt »

Darn. We are back to 79% (Mostly positive). :-/ We are so close to the threshold! hahaha
-Matt Gilgenbach
jwiseman00

Post by jwiseman00 »

I was excited about this game but BLUF: It's not very entertaining. I don't mind that it's not game-y. But I do mind that it's not that scary and the story isn't that interesting. I felt like I was just going from door to door in a bunch or hallways that look generally the same looking for the next "not-so-scary point." Topped off with finishing it in about 2 hours pretty much sealed the deal for me. I would have been satisfied at 5 bucks.

On another note, I love the artwork and I think that the feel of the game was very creepy. Reminds me of the intro to mystery theater or salad fingers. I think you're on to something. But nothing happened that made me say "HOLY SH*T" and nearly toss my controller. You add some of those moments in the FREE DLC nightmares and I'll feel like it was worth my $20.
GabrielPP

Post by GabrielPP »

/\ so this is the type of people that complains about nothing on steam... I see
Northwings

Post by Northwings »

It's sad to see that people here can't take criticism. If someone doesn't like the game, why can't they say why? I didn't like the game either, I wrote a review about it. I have to say though that a dev asking for positive reviews and to vote down negative ones doesn't inspire confidence at all. Good luck I guess.
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

No, we can take criticism. We're just a little stressy that it's released cause we want people to like it and we want it to do well. I think I can speak on behalf of (mostly) everyone here and say we don't want you to feel like you can't state your opinion, cause you can, and if you or anyone else wants to criticize it, it's not against the rules to do so here or anywhere else.
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

Yes that's right, the only thing the rules say is "be nice" so if you want to criticize it, do so, but be nice ^^
And to us this game is like our little baby, so please be indulgent if some of us react badly