The game is out! Please write positive reviews

General chat about Neverending Nightmares open to everyone
jwiseman00

Re: The game is out! Please write positive reviews

Post by jwiseman00 »

GabrielPP wrote:/\ so this is the type of people that complains about nothing on steam... I see
/\ I would love to respond to your comment but I can't understand you :( I'm sure it was really mean though. I'll try to feel bad about it lol.

Sorry if my criticism was too rough but back here in reality we, the consumers, are the ones buying your products. If you want to get your feelings hurt anytime gives you constructive criticism... too easy! Now that we all know you don't want to listen to your customers, we know not to expect you to produce games we should purchase.

There are plenty of games that are terrible and I don't bother to comment on. I was at least intrigued by this one. You should be begging for feedback, especially critical feedback!
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

Yeah I'm not really all that hostile to anyone who doesn't like the game. I mean I understand the complaints that people have against and they are fair, obviously I don't necessarily agree with a majority of them but I understand where they're coming from and they are things that can put someone off the game.

But yes people are free to express their opinion on the game, as long as it's not in an unfair or needlessly hostile manner. I mean it is a free country after all so have at it I say! hahaa :)
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

But Gabriel isn't part of Infinitap games nor me, I'm sorry if you felt insulted and it was to Gabriel that I was telling to be nice, yes you have the right to express your opinion, no problem with that.
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

Maybe it's the "please write positive reviews" part? Like I said before, we all want the game to succeed, Matt more than anyone, and we get a little dismayed when people don't like it, but as far as I know there isn't anyone going out and suppressing opinions, and the most Matt has done is, as you can see, ask if we would please write positive reviews.

So please, don't feel like we don't want people to write negative reviews. I mean, we don't, obviously, but we would rather earn our good reviews fair and square than by censoring people.
matt

Post by matt »

Hello! While I feel like my lovely community of backers are part of the development team, I'm the only "official" Infinitap Games representative.

jwiseman00 - I'm sorry you feel like you didn't get your money's worth. I completely understand that Neverending Nightmares isn't a game for everyone. It's more about atmosphere than jump scares. Did you play all the branches? I understand you might not be interested in the game enough to do so, but there is some good stuff that you might enjoy in the different endings.

Northwings - I feel like I take criticism pretty well. I read quite a few of the negative reviews. I am taking all the criticism to heart and if I'm able to make another game, I want to turn the critics into fans - at least in as much as I can without compromising the game I want to make.

Is asking for positive reviews such a bad thing? Would any developer ask for bad reviews? People are free to submit negative reviews. I don't want to stop them.

The downvoting think in the kickstarter post was supposed to be cheeky. I guess I should have used a ;) or a :-P instead of a :).

Anyway, anyone should feel free to express your negative feedback here or on the Steam forums. If anyone didn't feel welcome to do so, I sincerely apologize!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
AironNeil

Post by AironNeil »

jwiseman00 wrote:Sorry if my criticism was too rough but back here in reality we, the consumers, are the ones buying your products. If you want to get your feelings hurt anytime gives you constructive criticism... too easy! Now that we all know you don't want to listen to your customers, we know not to expect you to produce games we should purchase.

There are plenty of games that are terrible and I don't bother to comment on. I was at least intrigued by this one. You should be begging for feedback, especially critical feedback!
Like Matt and many others have been saying, I hope you don't get the impression that you can't express your opinion about the game--especially negative ones--here I certainly wouldn't want the forum to be without these different opinions.

I have a few criticisms about the game myself and I can totally understand a lot of other people's criticisms about it as well, but I did overall enjoy the experience in the end and would recommend it to people that like the kind of thing Neverending Nightmares is.
AndreJ

Post by AndreJ »

I wonder why RPS haven't reviewed the game yet. They are the only reason I found out about this game in the first place.
matt

Post by matt »

Yeah, I love the site and hope they do a "Wot I think", but I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone there. I'm planning to try and reach out to them some more moving forward.
-Matt Gilgenbach
gagaplex

Post by gagaplex »

I wrote a recommendation on Steam for it, but did feel the need to point out the relatively short game length and lack of replayability. I did, however, compare it to a visit to the cinema or whatever where people spend about that much money on a 2 hour ride that is not replayable, either (and at that duration quite a bit shorter than the game). :)
matt

Post by matt »

Thanks for writing the review! Certainly I don't think anyone should lie and say "this is a long game", and I try to be upfront about the game length. Interestingly, there was just a post on polygon about how the reviewer likes short games. I fall into that camp as well. Obviously there are a lot of people that just consider playtime per dollar when determining the value of a game, which is a bit of a bummer.
-Matt Gilgenbach