How Can We Help Promote?

General chat about Neverending Nightmares open to everyone
Harry Sunderland

How Can We Help Promote?

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Hey guys,

I'm super excited that I can finally turn my blinders off and play the final version of the game.

How can we help promote this great game? Should I do a let's play? How do I get people to see it?

I did Thunderclap, and I've been trying to tweet about it, but I suck at twitter.

Let's get this game in people's faces!
RightClickSaveAs

Re: How Can We Help Promote?

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Welcome back Harry! Are you playing the current build or holding out for the official official release? 1.0 looks really really good so I'd say go for it now if you're on the fence.

A LP would be pretty cool! You should definitely do one, and if you know of any good Youtube streamers that would be great for showing off the game, add them to this thread and/or have them get in touch with Matt (I'm not sure when the cutoff is though): viewtopic.php?f=15&t=661

Know any forums to share it with? I put up a thread for it on Something Awful's Games forums, which I will pester people with until and after launch: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... id=3664883 That can be a tough crowd but there are a lot of horror fans around there and I think most people will dig it.
matt

Post by matt »

We are actually putting some sound improvements in the game and a few polish things in the next build, which will also be called 1.0. I hope to get that out tomorrow. Eduardo is going to do another pass on the volumes on Wednesday, so hopefully the final 1.0 will be pushed on Thursday.

I'm trying to have Let's Players wait until Friday to do the playthroughs since then the game will actually be on sale and people can go buy it if they are interested. I've been in touch with PewDiePie, so it seems like he's going to do a video. I talked to Markiplier at PAX, and he seemed pretty eager to play. I sent some keys his way but haven't heard back. :-/

I guess nag your favorite Let's Play-er on twitter to check out the game? I have only sent out keys to PewDiePie, Markiplier, TheRadBrad, and TotalBiscuit so far though. I find it is tough to get a hold of Let's Play-ers, so the best case is when they reach out to me. (I've gotten a lot of tiny channels reaching out)

Also, I guess be ready to post a Steam review when the game goes live? It might be nice to get some more people to add "psychological horror" as a tag on Steam? I feel like tags are becoming increasingly important, so I think that's a good one to have.

I hear Reddit can be really good for a game as well as NeoGAF, but I don't understand those communities enough to come across as anything other than a shameless self promoter, which would probably work out poorly...

I guess tell your friends on Friday that it's a must buy? I'm not sure. I'm not the best at all this promotion stuff myself I guess. I'm frantically trying to juggle that and actually finishing the game...

Thank you so much for all the help you've given us!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

matt wrote: I guess nag your favorite Let's Play-er on twitter to check out the game? I have only sent out keys to PewDiePie, Markiplier, TheRadBrad, and TotalBiscuit so far though. I find it is tough to get a hold of Let's Play-ers, so the best case is when they reach out to me. (I've gotten a lot of tiny channels reaching out)
What's the best way for them to get in touch with you? I'm going to start pestering some people.
matt

Post by matt »

The easiest is usually an email at press@infinitapgames.com. I got a Russian Youtuber with over a million followers to contact me there. :) At least I hope it was the Russian youtuber...

I think if you ever want to get free games, get a gmail address similar to a popular international channel and start emailing game companies. :-/ Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed that works out for us. :)

Still no word back from Markiplier. :-/

Thanks!

-Matt
-Matt Gilgenbach
Harry Sunderland

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Matt I started following Markiplier on Twitter and I believe he's on vacation right now in NYC. It might be hard to get a hold of him right now.

I found a sub-reddit dedicated to Let's Play and I'm courting the community now.

Hopefully we can get some smaller guys on board. Matt, I'm probably going to film a Let's Play tomorrow when you release the game, and I'll post it whenever you give the OK (Friday???).

I am SO friggin' excited that the day is coming.

INFINITAP 4 LIFE!!!!
matt

Post by matt »

Yeah, I noticed that on his twitter as well. I got a hold of Dodger, and she seemed really excited about doing a Let's Play. I may or may not have gotten a hold of Jesse Cox, so we'll see.

I've gotten 2 LPs with over 1000 subs from your post. hehehe

Yeah, I think Friday is the day to post them. Eduardo and I are working on some final volume levels, but we should hopefully have the final build done tomorrow or later tonight. *finger's crossed*

Let's hope Infinitap stays around for life. :-)
-Matt Gilgenbach
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

I just sent some message to the french youtubers that I believe are the most watched and do horror games playthrough, I also leave a message on my facebook wall and my deviantart page and I asked my sister to leave a message on a popular horror forum.

I'm sure Infinitap will exist at least until we can't work anymore
LobsterSundew

Post by LobsterSundew »

There is a big list of gaming-related subreddits to look at for ideas on where to post.
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/wiki/faq