Neverending Nightmares: PAX September 2014 articles

General chat about Neverending Nightmares open to everyone
JPrice

Neverending Nightmares: PAX September 2014 articles

Post by JPrice »

Hey everybody, thought I'd make this thread just so there's a collective place for all the Neverending Nightmares articles/interviews from PAX. So far there are already a few gone up:
Feel free to throw out some more articles/videos of the game from the show floor when you find them, I like to keep up on the press for the game (Call me weird but I just like to read/watch other peoples opinion on the game, especially since we've all been so heavily involved since its development :lol:)
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
RightClickSaveAs

Re: Neverending Nightmares: PAX September 2014 articles

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Thanks for the links! That interview and playthrough was really fun to watch. I haven't watched Matt play through his game much, apart from the quick developer diary updates :)

Sorry I don't have anything to add, I think you covered the big ones. I was hoping the talks Matt mentioned he was going to be a part of in the last Kickstarter update were going to be broadcast somewhere, but I don't think those were streaming, at least not on Twitch. I haven't been able to find them anywhere else yet either.
matt

Post by matt »

Unfortunately, I don't think the panels were in whatever theaters that they video capture, so I'm not sure they'll end up on the web. I did an interesting interview with Paste Magazine about games as therapy that went up but was unrelated to PAX.

I think we should have a nice article on Joystiq coming soon. We also got the Golden Sushi of Sophistication award from BigSushi.fm, but they are a podcast, so I'm not sure that will be on the web exactly..
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

Somebody uploaded the "Episodic Games: Divine Dream or Neverending Nightmare" panel on Youtube I just noticed.
Here's the full thing for anyone interested:
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
matt

Post by matt »

I'm glad to see that! It was a super cool panel with some awesome panelists! :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Oh wow, thanks for linking it, that was really interesting! You killed it on that panel Matt, awesome job!

Also cool to hear Telltale talk about their R&D group that's looking into finding new ways to present interactive stories. Sounds very mysterious and exciting.
matt

Post by matt »

We got an article on VICE as well. It seems pretty positive with quotes like this:
What we're seeing with Neverending Nightmare, then, is an experiment in game design paralleling the literary avant-garde of the first half of the 20th century: think Proust's In Search of Lost Time, the works of Gertrude Stein, Joyce's Ulysses.
I never thought I'd be compared to James Joyce! :)

The final part is a bit of a bummer:
In the end, I'm left frustrated with Neverending Nightmare. I'm physically lost inside a haunted house, inside the game. Finally, I give up. A giant with a baby’s head repeatedly catches me, bear hugging me until all of my blood geysers out of my body in long, burgundy streams.
I'm wondering which baby monster set up the author was stuck on. I wasn't watching very closely, but some people get turned around and try to backtrack - I suspect on the second set up. I added a third cabinet that magically appears if you keep dying on it, but maybe that's not enough. :(
-Matt Gilgenbach