Neverending Nightmares wikipedia page?

General chat about Neverending Nightmares open to everyone
ranger_lennier

Re: Neverending Nightmares wikipedia page?

Post by ranger_lennier »

I added some information on the critical reception so far:

Neverending Nightmares has received largely positive buzz during the course of its development. Adam Sessler said it was "very, very interesting" after playing an early build at the Penny Arcade Expo. He compared it to Gone Home in how it told a story personally relevant to its creator. [8] IGN included it on a list of its most anticipated horror games for 2014, emphasizing its "wonderfully-distinct, pen-and-ink style." [9]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VfiMxGgHDo

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/29/ ... on-in-2014
matt

Post by matt »

THAT. IS. AWESOME! We have a really great looking wikipedia page. Thank you so much everyone! :)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

Whoo! Sorry I've been so inactive for the past month...or two...long story short, I was transitioning between hard drives.

I won't bog this post down with my surprise at catching up with video game news and seeing that the game is a hair away from going gold and has a release trailer and everything. But anyways, I blew the dust off the tvtropes page, updating the release date and removing mentions of alpha testing.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/V ... Nightmares

Upon checking, it says that the links I've sprinkled around in other trope pages have brought 3 people to the page from non-search engine links.
yusssssssssss!

For those unfamiliar with tvtropes, that means that 3 people (so far) were on one of the trope pages that Neverending Nightmares is mentioned in and were curious enough to click on its name and visit the page. So hooray for that! Of course, that doesn't take into account the number of people that actively seeked the page out by typing the name into the search bar. No, I don't have an exact hit count, but I think a safe estimate for that would be somewhere in the ballpark of, oh, fifty million people or so.

Oh, and there was a single edit by another person; on August 23rd, at 10:12:55 am, an "Austin" moved the Shout-Out from the trivia section to the main page. So at least one other person cares enough about the game and the tvtropes page to edit for style.

Anyways, just wanted to update for anyone interested, since I'm sure that you all were all worried sick at my absence. Missing posters were most likely distributed, and all that.
Last edited by Grabthehoopka on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matt

Post by matt »

Welcome back! Actually, I was curious where you went, but there have been a few people who used to be really active on the forum that kind of disappeared, so I figured you just had other things to do. :-D

That's cool news about the TV tropes page! The more information out there about Neverending Nightmares, the better. :-D

Thanks for maintaining that!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Grabthehoopka

Post by Grabthehoopka »

Took a peek at the tvtropes page and found that a couple other users have started adding content. And, judging from what they added, they've played the game quite extensively. Oh, and it's brought 4 people from non search-engine links now. Excellent.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/V ... Nightmares
matt

Post by matt »

That's awesome! Thank you so much for managing that. :)
-Matt Gilgenbach