Neverending Nightmares music appreciation!

General chat about Neverending Nightmares open to everyone
JPrice

Neverending Nightmares music appreciation!

Post by JPrice »

Hey folks!
Just wanted highlight something I found rather great about NN (Especially in the latest build) The music!
Skyler really is doing a great job with the music so far so props to him :D

Thought I'd put up the tracks that have been released so far (Unlisted of course just in case Matt doesn't want me to upload them, which if you didn't Matt I'm dreadfully sorry! :( ) just for your listening pleasure so do enjoy!

Oh also these are recorded directly from the game so you'll probably hear the background noise along with the track, hence why the phrase "Wake up" pretty much appears on all of them hahaha

"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
matt

Re: Neverending Nightmares music appreciation!

Post by matt »

Awesome! I wouldn't mind if you make them public. I doubt it will detract from our soundtrack sales since it's on YouTube and is captures of the in game audio. We have ambient audio layered in courtesy of Eduardo Frau Ortiz in game, so it sounds a little different than the raw audio.

The music is the best part of the game if you ask me. I am SUPER happy with it. Actually I am hoping to get a little more ambience in the song for Lost Child, and Skyler is working on it. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on that track though, so I wonder whether adding stuff will ruin it. I guess we'll see when Skyler finishes the next version. :)

Sometimes you have to change things to realize how good the earlier versions are. A buddy of mine at another game company was saying they implemented something like 8 times and ended up using the 5th version. haha
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
miumiaou

Post by miumiaou »

I also find the music super good
JPrice

Post by JPrice »

Actually something I forgot to mention Matt!
Even though this is a small nitpick-y thing but whilst editing the song lengths and such I found that most of them looped naturally (As they are probably expected to)
But Lost Child seems to have a brief looping pause, at least from what I saw in the audio editor

Here's a picture I took of what I mean:
http://i.imgur.com/9NIFiaD.png

Might just be something on my end though so hahaha
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Cool, thanks for doing that! I've had the Lost Child music stuck in my head for a couple days after playing through that level, it sounds great. It reminds me a lot of the Silent Hill music.