Share Your Reaction Videos For Alpha 0.2

Discussion of the game should go here. Let's keep the rest of the forum free from spoilers! :-)
Harry Sunderland

Share Your Reaction Videos For Alpha 0.2

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Hi guys,

At Matt's request, I created a reaction video. When I uploaded it to youtube, the quality declined considerably, so I'll share both the youtube link and the dropbox link for the raw file (270 mb).

Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05DD6hcnmPI

Dropbox:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/203 ... 20(06).mp4

Notable feedback:

At 15:00, I discover a "super run" feature that causes me screw up the game (I'm able to get out of the basement without fainting with the axe...you'll see). I enabled "super run" by tapping the run button repeatedly.

At two points, the game stutters as I go through a doorway. It might just be my wife's shitty laptop playing the game while recording video though.

Also noteworthy is a cameo by my cat at 16:40.

I don't expect anyone to watch, but I figured I'd share anyway.

~ Eddie
Last edited by Harry Sunderland on Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RightClickSaveAs

Re: Share Your Reaction Videos For Alpha 0.2

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Thanks for sharing, I'm always interested in seeing other people's reactions.

The Youtube you linked is private though, if you set it to "unlisted" people will be able to see it but only if they have the link, private makes it so no one can watch it unless they're on your friends list or something I think.

Also it cut off the last part of the dropbox, this link should work: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/203 ... 806%29.mp4

I'm downloading it right now, but I'm stuck away from the house and the wifi is really slow, so I probably won't get a chance to watch it for a while.
Harry Sunderland

Fixed both! Set it to unlisted and fixed the URL.
matt

Post by matt »

Awesome! Thank you so much for doing that. You found some good bugs, and it was great to see the reactions as you played.

The doorway stutter thing was a good catch. I think I have a fix for that now.

The super run is confusing. I wasn't aware you could run that fast. Are you mashing the button super fast or something? I don't seem to be able to get it to go as fast as you can. The best I can do is probably the same pace as the run but probably with less stamina drain.

Anyway, thank you so much for doing the video. I really enjoyed watching it, and it was very helpful!

*EDIT* Nevermind. I was able to get to the bottom of the super run thing. I believe you were able to do it faster because you were running at 30 instead of 60, and, well, I'm not sure anyone cares about the technical details. Good news is that I'm pretty sure it's fixed. hahah
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Harry Sunderland

Matt,

Turns out the super run only works when I'm using my screen capture software. Very strange . I took a video to show how.

Also, it turns out getting out of the basement without waking up is a separate bug.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lohdnrkk1aswm ... 184826.mp4
matt

Post by matt »

Thanks for preparing the video! The bug is that you go faster than you are supposed to when you tap run. I have an unpublished fix for that, but it should address both issues. I really appreciate your help tracking it down!

The reason why you went super fast when the video capture software was because due to the nature of the bug, the lower framerate caused the speed to increase significantly. I could explain the actual algorithm issues, but I'm not sure it'll be very interesting. hahah
-Matt Gilgenbach
Harry Sunderland

Nice! Glad the super run mystery has been solved, though I'm gonna miss zooming through the levels :D. Cheat code to reactivate it? :mrgreen:
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Wow that was kind of a fun looking bug! I liked your guys' genuine reactions in the video, some reaction videos on youtube can get kinda... hammy.

I did a audio playthrough of some of the third Lost Child level, I don't have a webcam or anything to do a real video commentary. Sorry for the quality, I'm not very good at video recording/editing, but at least I kept it pretty short!: http://youtu.be/owK0EZSb_SE

Also I think I kept calling your wardrobes in the game cupboards, sorry about that too! :)

And that's the first time I didn't get the last screen bug where it's cut off to the left side.
matt

Post by matt »

Awesome! Thank you so much for recording that. It was really helpful. I didn't realize you could exit through the door. I'll have to fix that. Oops!

We have a fix for the final screen being partially off screen, so that won't be in the next build. You can call them cupboards if you want. I think we call them cabinets internally, but wardrobes is probably a better name.
-Matt Gilgenbach
GabrielPP

Post by GabrielPP »

So I would Like to do the same type of video that you did, the camera of me on the corner and the game in the center, but I don't know nothing about video edition and etc :oops:
so... can you help me a bit ?