Gods Will Be Watching

Discuss whatever you'd like with the Infinitap Games community here!
Grabthehoopka

Gods Will Be Watching

Post by Grabthehoopka »

I was a little surprised when I heard it was released, since I remember thinking how interesting it sounded beforehand. But, it's out. Has anyone picked up or at least watched Gods Will Be Watching?

Despite the way game plays, I think anyone with a heart would classify it as a horror game. I thought the white phosphorous in Spec Ops: The Line was bad, but holy crap. I can honestly say that I've never been more stressed out or unsettled by what's being presented to me in a game in my entire life. I'm gonna say this now; I have a hard time recommending it, cause not only is it an extremely, punishingly difficult game, but I also feel like a majority of the audience will be turned off by the content. If you're interested, do a little research first, but just know that it gets way, way worse than what they show in the promotional material.

Whew. Alright. If we wanna get all analytical, I think the reason why it works so well on a visceral level is because of the minimalistic presentation and the ugly, pixellated graphics. I said before that despite everything, I thought Quake was really creepy because of the awful, pixelly textures and choppy, primitive character animations, and this game is no different. If this were made with AAA HD graphics and you could see everything in plain detail, I'm sure it would still hit hard on an emotional level, but I feel like it would come across as less genuine, or somewhat more exploitative and immature in a way. The fact that everything happens in front of you, plain as day, but you aren't really able to see anything in any real detail really gets your imagination fired up, and that's what makes it so much more disturbing.
JPrice

Re: Gods Will Be Watching

Post by JPrice »

Hmmm I'm looking at it right now and the concept behind it does seem pretty interesting! Having to make heavy decisions based upon the lives of your crew members and the mission at hand seems like something that presents a unique experience.

Sadly though it seems as though the game is rather difficult and very repetitive by the looks of peoples impressions, at least from what I've seen on reviews. I like the concept behind it though, though I'm not a fan of punishingly difficult or really repetitive games myself so I don't think it's my kind of thing!
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Check me out on Steam if you like! - http://steamcommunity.com/id/JPrice321/