Nightmare about being strangled

Have any scary nightmares? Share them with us!
matt

Nightmare about being strangled

Post by matt »

While I rarely remember my dreams, I remember last night's pretty well. I was in a room with some high school classmates, and we were brainstorming ideas for a new Batman movie. I'm not sure what the context of that was - maybe the crack writing team for the next Batman movie will be assembled from the Father Gabriel Richard class of 2000. ahahah

Anyway, that isn't particularly scary, but one of my high school classmates came over and started strangling me. It was terrifying! I struggled to fight him off, but he was much bigger than I, so I was unsuccessful. The other high school classmates just looked on and didn't offer me any help. The assailant briefly stopped strangling me and after a short grasp of air, he began strangling me again. At that point I woke up.

I have had asthma attacks, and not being able to breathe is a terrifying feeling, and I felt it in full effect in the nightmare.

If I had to address what it means, I would say a general feeling of helplessness. I've been really quite scared about the upcoming release of Neverending Nightmares. I recorded a dev diary going into detail about how challenging it is these days to release a game, but I feel pretty overwhelmed. You have to get youtubers and reviewers keys. When do you do it? How early do you show the game? When do you stop working on it? How do you get people's attention at the PAX Prime event coming up? How do you make the most impact? What day do you release your game on? How do you get word of mouth?

I don't have concrete answers for any of those, but hopefully everything will work out...
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
gagaplex

Re: Nightmare about being strangled

Post by gagaplex »

Was this person who strangled you a particular classmate? Somebody who maybe bullied you? Nobody in particular? A good friend even? I'd imagine the person's "role" would be different depending on how you knew them in real life.
matt

Re: Nightmare about being strangled

Post by matt »

We were sort of friends though although I once got really mad at him and he pushed me, and I went flying because he was a lot larger than I. I don't really know what to say about him.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games