Realization You're About To Be Killed By An Armed Militia

Have any scary nightmares? Share them with us!
Harry Sunderland

Realization You're About To Be Killed By An Armed Militia

Post by Harry Sunderland »

Hello guys,

I just had a really crazy nightmare that I figured would be fun to share.

In this nightmare, I was sitting in a meeting room at my work, having lunch with co-workers. There was a pretty boring conversation going on about how in college, theater students get to put on plays for the school, athletes play sports for the school, but economics students aren't allowed to make business decisions for the school.

Suddenly, I looked out the window and realized the entire meeting room was moving. In classic dream-logic, I realized that I was not in a meeting room at all, but in a monorail car (dreams can be so non-sensical). From this point forward, the setting of the dream just sort of transformed into a monorail with no explanation, and the monorail is actually heading BACK to the office (coming from where, I have no idea).

Suddenly, the monorail passes two police officers standing next to their armored vehicle, and someone says, "I wonder if all the police have cleared out of our office. Does anyone know why we had to evacuate when all the cops showed up?"

As we pass, the two officers begin waving down the monorail telling it to stop. The monorail begins stopping, but it travels a bit further forward as its braking. It moves forward far enough that we move forward to a marching group of about fifteen men.

The men are wearing all green, with bullet-proof military vests on. Some of them are wearing gas masks, while others just have their faces painted black with war-paint. As the monorail stops in front of this line of men, I see the most devilish grin flash on their faces. At this point I realize that they are armed, and I realize that I'm about to die.

Someone from the back of their line fires a rocket at the window of the monorail car. It moves as if it's in slow-motion. At this point, I start reflecting on my life, trying to make peace with the fact that I'm about to die. It just barely misses the window. Suddenly, I see the two police officers run up and begin shooting at the militia. Unfortunately, it's two against fifteen, and while the officers subdue some of them, they quickly fall. Suddenly, I hear an explosion at the rear of the monorail, and some woman has showed up to save us all. At this point, my alarm went off and I awoke.

But honestly, my gut sank in such a horrid way as I realized an armed militia was about to kill me. The rocket part of the dream was particularly horrifying.
matt

Re: Realization You're About To Be Killed By An Armed Militi

Post by matt »

Wow that sounds really intense and so vivid! Thanks for sharing! :-)
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
Harry Sunderland

Post by Harry Sunderland »

A nightmare only a gamer would suffer.
matt

Post by matt »

Ha! So true. Did you dodge the rocket in bullet time ala Max Payne (or F.E.A.R.)? :-D
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games