Babysitting with a demon in the basement

Have any scary nightmares? Share them with us!
pingu

Babysitting with a demon in the basement

Post by pingu »

I just woke up from a fairly coherent nightmare about babysitting a toddler in a large house while an array of evil spirits tried to kidnap her. The spirits were led by an evil pig demon whose body was buried in a secret chamber in the basement. I had to constantly watch the toddler, because the instant I turned my back, an evil light spirit would try to cart her off. She disappeared from my site a couple times, and both times, I had to scramble after her and take her back from spirits. At one point, I somehow came face to face with the pig demon in the secret chamber in the basement, who was trying to do something (not sure what) to the toddler. I had to scoop her up and flee as fast as I could with the pig demon in pursuit, but he could not come out of his chamber. Then, the parents came home and let the toddler wander off. I tried to explain what was going on and that we needed to go after her and watch her, but they laughed it off and told me something like, "Well, if you're having so much trouble with a little pork in the basement, maybe you should get a raise." At that point we had somehow ended up in the basement again, but the chamber with the pig demon had been boarded off. I could not see the toddler but I knew she was in the boarded off area. The parents were facing away from the boarded off area, still joking, but I can't remember about what now. Then I saw the pig demon starting to sneak out from behind the boarded off area, and at that point I woke up feeling some mix of terrified, guilty, and exasperated. As I mentioned in my other dream thread, my nightmares often involve losing sight of people I am supposed to be watching because I know a horrible fate will come to them, and this one was no different. I immediately started writing this while the memory was fresh.
Grabthehoopka

Re: Babysitting with a demon in the basement

Post by Grabthehoopka »

Oh geez, that sounds really awful!
matt

Re: Babysitting with a demon in the basement

Post by matt »

Wow! That is terrible! It sounds really scary.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games