Hole in my cheek

Have any scary nightmares? Share them with us!
gagaplex

Hole in my cheek

Post by gagaplex »

Well, I just got back a little while ago from the dentist, so this seems topical... please be aware I drank some whiskey to dull the pain after my root canal treatment (I don't have any actual painkillers at home as I just now realized), so I may not make that much sense.

Anyway, at one point some years ago I had to get a big part of one of my teeth removed. It would later be replaced by an inlay, but in the meantime the hole simply remained.
I can only guess that this is the reason, but... well, I started having a short series of nightmares wherein I would probe my mouth with my tongue, only to not just discover the hole in my tooth but also a hole in my cheek while probing the mucosa. Rushing to the mirror would reveal an actual, visible hole that I could even stick my finger through. Does that count as body horror, even if it's not actually that bloody or gruesome? I guess it does.

I've been feeling rather awful about going to the dentist ever since... not that today's encounter helped with that. Cheers, time to get another glass.
matt

Re: Hole in my cheek

Post by matt »

Ouch! That sounds terrible. The whole concept of people doing things in my mouth seems really unnatural and scary to me. At least I'm not the only one!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games