Retro/Grade $.49 on Steam!

General talk about Retro/Grade
RightClickSaveAs

Retro/Grade $.49 on Steam!

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

So the Steam Summer Sale is upon us yet again. And once again, Retro/Grade is on sale for criminally cheap. Get it if you don't already have it! Even if you do already have it, buy it again and give it to everyone you know!
Cridone

Re: Retro/Grade $.49 on Steam!

Post by Cridone »

Bought it a couple days ago!
I was 14 y/o when I joined this forum and 14-15 y/o during the entire duration of my time posting here, so just keep that in mind when reading my posts. Trust me, looking back at my posts here as an adult, a good chunk of it is unreadably embarrassing.
matt

Post by matt »

Awesome! Thanks guys! :) If you are curious, the sale pulled in $2,835 (gross). Not amazing, but given how poorly Retro/Grade has sold, a little extra money helps. I'm not sure I'll try such a deep discount again, but it was an interesting experiment.
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games
RightClickSaveAs

Post by RightClickSaveAs »

Good to hear it moved some units at least! I think the really low price point helped it stand out this time around. I know that this year when sorting all games on Steam by lowest price, it was on the second or third page and has largely positive reviews. Oh and trading cards, people really like their trading cards so I'm sure that got it some sales.
matt

Post by matt »

That's true. Maybe I'll try some other weird percentages for future sales. Maybe if I try 96% off, I'll be on one of the cheapest game page. Maybe I can sell it so the trading cards are worth more than the copy of the game, so you'd be silly NOT to buy the game. hahahah I imagine that'd crush our trading card economy, but I gotta squeeze some money out of it somehow....
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games